Bun Cha with Sizzling Meatballs
Have you tried an Asian cuisine? Some Asian food are really difficult to pronounce but they are really packed with flavor and spices. This next dish is a Vietnamese inspired. Bún chả is a Vietnamese dish of grilled pork and noodle, which is thought to have originated from Hanoi, Vietnam. It is served with grilled fatty pork over a plate of white rice noodle and herbs with a side dish of dipping sauce.
- vermicelli rice noodles 2 nests
- bean sprouts a handful blanched
- Little Gem lettuces 2 cored and torn
- sugar snap peas a handful blanched
- carrot 1 shredded
- mint ½ a small bunch leaves torn
- Thai basil or regular basil ½ a small bunch MEATBALLS
- pork mince 250g
- garlic 1 clove crushed
- ginger thumb-sized piece grated
- red chili 1⁄2 finely chopped
- fish sauce 1 tbsp
- vegetable oil 1 tbsp
- fish sauce 1 ½ tbsp
- soft light brown sugar 1 ½ tbsp
- limes 1½ zested and juiced
- Into a large bowl mix together pork mince, garlic, ginger, chili and fish sauce put seasoning and form as much as meat balls as you can, chill for 15 minutes. Cook the noodles following pack instructions, drain really well and run under cold water until completely cold, then drain again. then make the dressing, plate the noodles and top with the vegetables then put dressing with herbs and chill. On a medium heat pan start frying the meatballs for 8-10 minutes until well browned and cooked. plate them all together and don't forget the dressing and the herbs.
This Vietnamese inspired dish has refreshing taste and low-carb meal. Bun Cha with Sizzling Meatballs is actually a dish that you can easily find in every street in Vietnam.