Omelettes are the last word nutriment.
Not only are they an out of this world source of protein and energy whilst being relatively low in calories, but they’re affordable and take no quite 10 minutes to make.
A plain omelette can get slightly boring, but this greek salad omelette recipe is that the proper alternative after you have a touch beyond regular time to spare.
Greek salad is full of flavors, and with the addition of high-protein content of egg, we’ve created a healthy, filling and flavour-packed omelette dish. Have it alone for breakfast or lunch, or serve it with some potatoes for a satisfying and straightforward dinner!
Greek Salad Omelette
- 10 eggs
- handful of parsley leaves chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion cut into wedges
- 3 to matoes chopped into large chunks
- large handful black olives (pitted are easier to eat)
- 100 g feta cheese crumbled
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with chopped parsley, pepper and salt. In a large frying pan fry the onion wedges over a high heat for about 4 mins until they start to brown, mix in tomatoes and olives and cook for 1-2 mins until the tomatoes begin to soften. Turn the heat down to medium and pour in the eggs. Cook the eggs in the pan, stirring them as they begin to set, until half cooked, but still runny in places – about 2 mins. Scatter over the feta, then place the pan under the grill for 5-6 mins until omelette is puffed up and golden. Cut into wedges and serve straight from the pan.