This Crispy Shallot Spring Rolls with Seared Tofu, will definitely suits your taste buds.
This Vietnamese inspired vegan dish is really oozing from the freshness of the vegetables and the crispness of shallot and the savory taste of tofu.
These spring rolls require just 10 ingredients to make! They are a little more time intensive than my other spring rolls. But trust me — all the layers of flavor and texture at the end make it totally worth it
Crispy Shallot Spring Rolls with Seared Tofu
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu pressed*
- 3-4 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce or sub red pepper flake // optional
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 heaping cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- ~2 Tbsp avocado oil for cooking — if avoiding oil, omit and use a non-stick pan
- 8 rice paper wrappers* we like the Three Ladies brand
- 1 ½ cups cooked thin rice noodles
- 1 cup fresh mint cilantro, or Thai basil (mint is our favorite!)
- 4 cups thinly sliced/shredded veggies such as bell pepper, carrot, radish
- For Serving optional
- Peanut Sauce
- Sriracha or Chili Garlic Sauce
- Marinate tofu with coconut aminos Chili garlic sauce is optional and adds cook. coat your shallot in brown rice flour and salt and begin sautéing until crispy and brown. then cook the tofu, simply sear on both sides then transfer to the oven to continue cooking. This will ensure it firms up and browns. In a bowl of hot water soften your rice paper, Top with veggies, rice noodles, tofu, shallot, fresh herbs and Roll. serve and enjoy!