Chicken Noodle Soup
You can actually turn your classic easy to cook chicken soup noodle into an extra healthy meal. You can use a gluten free pasta with a combination of vegetables that are rich in vitamins and mineral, plus the a lot of aromatic secret spices. This easy, quick and healthy soup can warmed up you cold nights.
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 small leek cleaned and thinly sliced
- 4-6 large carrots cleaned, peeled and sliced into 1/4″ rounds
- 2 celery ribs cleaned and sliced 1/4″ thick
- 4 cups cabbage cleaned and sliced into 1″ ribbons (approximately 1/2 of a small cabbage)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 10 cups good-quality chicken broth or stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Parmesan cheese rind
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt plus more to taste
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Into the pot combine ingredients, onion, leek, carrots, celery, cabbage, and chicken breasts into your slow cooker and cover with the chicken broth. make sure that the chicken is fully submerged into the broth, put olive oil,Parmesan rind, bay leaf, rosemary, and thyme, and cover, cook on medium or high depending on your cooker. When chicken is fully cooked, remove from the soup, using two forks, shred the chicken into bite pieces and return to soup. add salt and noodles to the soup and cook for 15 to 25 minutes until al dente, season with extra salt and pepper to taste, garnish with parsley and freshly ground pepper.
This easy home made Chicken Noodle Soup is perfect comfort food, made from nutritious vegetables. Perfect partnered with your favorite Keto bread or Keto rice.