Chicken Zucchini Alfredo
Alfredo we are no talking about a persons name here, Classic Alfredo Sauce is a simple but elegant creamy, white sauce that is commonly known to lay over pasta noodles. It is made from butter, a type of cream and Parmesan cheese. Adding seasonings and cream cheese for a thickener I like to blend a rich, creamy sauce together that is simple and irresistible. With your Alfredo sauce you can use your pasta of your choice. For this recipe, the Alfredo sauce is combined with freshness of zucchini and milky taste of chicken, for sure your children will also love this healthy alternative pasta Alfredo
- 3 large zucchini
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 3/4 lb. chicken breast
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 3/4 c. half-and-half or whole milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- 1/4 c. fresh chopped parsley
- Making zucchini pasta: Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise to create long, thin strips, lay flat on a paper towel sheet until its ready to use.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, put 1 tablespoon of oil, season chicken with salt and pepper and Italian seasoning equally on both sides and cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side. then into a chopping board slice chicken into strips. add the remaining oil to the pan cook garlic for 1 minute then add half-and-half and cream cheese and cook, stirring often, until cream cheese is melted. Add Parmesan, then season with salt and pepper and simmer until the sauce has thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. mix in the cooked chicken and zucchini pasta, and serve.
This Chicken-Zucchini Alfredo will save you from many calories, It is the healthier version of your classic alfredo pasta. Made from zucchini "Pasta" with added flavor of chicken and the savory taste of the sauce!