A lot of you seemed to like our Tumeric Shrimp recipe. So, here is another popular and very tasty not to mention easy to make shrimp recipe Called Coconut Beer Batter Fried Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa
Coconut Beer Batter Fried Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa
If you love coconut shrimp, here are three different, but very good coconut shrimp recipes to try.
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 lb. medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- coconut oil
- 3 cups grated coconut
- Seasoning mix:
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons gar...
- Thoroughly combine the ingredients for the seasoning mix in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix 1-1/4 cups of the flour, 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix, baking powder, eggs, and beer together in a bowl, breaking up all lumps until it is smooth.
- Combine the remaining flour with 1-1/2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix and set aside. Place the coconut in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle both sides of the shrimps with the remaining seasoning mix. Then hold each shrimp by the tail, dredge in the flour mixture, shake off excess, dip in batter and allow excess to drip off. Coat each shrimp with the coconut and place on a baking sheet.
- Heat deep fryer to 350°F. Drop each shrimp into the hot oil and cook until golden brown, approximately 1/2 to 1 minute on each side. Do not crowd the fryer. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
- Lay shrimp on large lettuce leaves and serve with Pineapple Salsa dip. Garnish with lemon, orange, or lime wedges.