Lasagne are a type of wide, flat pasta, possibly one of the oldest types of pasta. Lasagne, or the singular lasagna, is also an Italian dish made of stacked layers of this flat pasta alternating with fillings such as ragù and other vegetables, cheese, and seasonings and spices such as garlic, oregano and basil. is also an Italian dish made of stacked layers of this flat pasta alternating with fillings such as ragù (ground meats and tomato sauce) and other vegetables, cheese (which may include ricotta and parmesan), and seasonings and spices such as garlic, oregano and basil. The dish may be topped with melted grated mozzarella cheese. Typically, the cooked pasta is assembled with the other ingredients and then baked in an oven. The resulting lasagne casserole is cut into single-serving square portions.This Eggplant lasagna recipe is good for people who loves vegetables, the main ingredients for this dish is Eggplant. It is best alternative to your pasta recipe.
- 2 medium eggplants about 6" to 8" long
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tsp. oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 25- oz. jar marinara
- 16 oz. whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- 4 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut ends of eggplants and slice thinly, about 1/4” thick. Lay slices on a cooling rack and season with salt. Let sit for 20 minutes. Flip, season again, and let sit for another 20 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels. In a large pant over medium heat, heat oil. Saute garlic for 1 minute (don't burn the garlic), then add onions and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and cook until onions are translucent. Add marinara and cook until . In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, egg and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. In a casserole dish, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce, a single layer of eggplant “noodles", a layer of ricotta mixture, then a layer of mozzarella; repeat layers. Top last layer of eggplant with marinara sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes, then garnish with parsley and serve.
This Eggplant lasagna is another version of your Italian American classic, made healthier with eggplant slices, marina sauce and with savory taste of cheese. You can enjoy all the textures and flavors with this meal.