When you are watching a cooking show you often hear Fritata, and wondering what does it means? Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche or scrambled eggs, enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses or vegetables. The word frittata is Italian and roughly translates to "fried." This was originally a general term for cooking eggs in a skillet. Outside Italy, Frittata was seen as equivalent to "omelette" until at least the mid-1950s. But now a days this fritata recipe evolve, you can now combine it your favorite ingredients, This Green Fritatata is combined with Spinach that is rich in vitamins A, C and K, magnesium, iron and manganese, this leafy green veggie may benefit eye health, reduce oxidative stress and reduce blood pressure levels among other health functions.
- spinach 80g
- frozen peas 75g
- eggs 4
- olive oil 2 tsp
- streaky bacon 2 rashers thinly sliced
- garlic 1 clove thinly sliced
- red chilli ½ deseeded and thinly sliced
- roasted red peppers from a jar 2 chopped
- mature cheddar 35g grated
- rocket dressed to serve
- Put spinach into a colander, pour about half kettle of just boiled water, let it cool enough to handle then squeeze as much water as possible. put into a blender or food processor. Into a small bowl pour just boiled water and put peas and leave it for 2-3 minutes. Into the blender of spinach add eggs and a lot of seasoning, combine,then add remaining eggs until fully combined. Into a small frying pan and fry the bacon for 5 minutes until crisp. Add the garlic and chilli, and cook for 2 minutes, then on the same pan cook the egg mixture Cook gently for a minute until the bottom is set, then sprinkle the red peppers over the top. Cook for another few minutes until the bottom is lightly golden. Sprinkle with the cheddar and put under the grill for 2-3 minutes until cooked through and golden on top, cut and serve!
This Green Frittata is a dish that you can eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner. A versatile recipe that you can combine with different nutritious ingredients.