Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Zucchini
The jalapeno is a medium-sized chili pepper pod type cultivar of the species Capsicum annuum. A mature jalapeno chili is 5–10 cm long and hangs down with a round, firm, smooth flesh of 25–38 mm wide. It can have a range of pungency, with Scoville heat units of 3,500 to 8,000. Yes you heard it right its Jalapeno! In this recipe jalapeno is one of the ingredients, this will gives a great kick of spiciness to your dish. for the people whose not into eating spicy they can just lessen the use of Jalapeno for this dish.
- 3 medium zucchini ends removed and halved crosswise
- 6 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella divided
- 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled, 1 tbsp reserved for topping
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°, slice both ends of zucchini. lined up chopsticks on the either side of zucchini, carefully make 1/4 slices, making sure your knife hits the chopsticks, then repeat to the remaining zucchini. on a parchment lined in a baking sheet place zucchini and bake for 10 minutes. Then in a mixing bowl make jalapeno filling, combine cream cheese,mozzarella, cheddar, bacon, jalapeno and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and stir until fully combined. removed zucchini from oven and stuff jalapeno mixture between each slice. top with mozzarella and bacon and bake until cheese melts for 6 to 8 minutes, garnish with parsley and serve.
This Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Zucchini is a healthy and perfect snack for the whole family. This may also a very good appetizer that will definitely brings flavor to your table!