Keto Corned Beef & Cabbage
For people on a ketogenic diet corned beef is ideal. Corned beef is high in sodium and fat, especially when accompanied with the extra fat of the mustard sauce. Cabbage is delicious when stuffed into keto fajitas, used in soups, or made into coleslaw with a rich, creamy high-fat dressing that's keto-friendly. It has 2 grams of net carbs per cup shredded, so you can eat a lot in one sitting without falling out of ketosis. So worry no more since the main ingredients in this recipe are good for the ketogenic diet. this keto corned beef cabbage recipe is easy to cook at the same time ingredients are available right into your fridge!
- 3-4 lbs corned beef
- 2 onions quartered
- 4 celery stalks quartered crosswise
- 1 package pickling spices
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 medium green cabbage cut into 2" wedges
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 1/2 c. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. capers roughly chopped, plus 1 tsp brine
- 2 tbsp. parsley roughly chopped
- In a large pot combined corned beef, onion, celery, and pickling spices, add enough water, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until very tender, 3–3 1/2 hours. Meanwhile, combine dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. In another bowl, mix mayo, capers, caper brine, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Add cabbage and carrots and continue to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour more, until cabbage is tender. Remove meat, cabbage, and carrots from pot. Slice corned beef and season with more salt and pepper. Serve with both sauces on the side for dipping.
This Keto Corned Beef & Cabbage is delicious and juicy that can definitely bring your dull dining table into an elegant one. Bursting with flavor and packed with keto friendly ingredients!