Keto Meat Pie
"Pie" is a baked dish which is usually made of a pastry dough casing that contains a filling of various sweet or savory ingredients. Sweet pies may be filled with fruit, nuts, brown sugar or sweetened vegetables. Savory pies may be filled with meat, eggs and cheese or a mixture of meat and vegetables There are so many, Keto Pie in the market. You can actually choose your own crust from vegetables of your choice or even choose your own topping depending on your choice. This recipe is the healthier version of your favorite pie.
- Pie crust
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp water
- 8 oz. cottage cheese
- 7 oz. shredded cheese
- ½ yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1¼ lbs ground beef or ground lamb
- 1 tbsp dried oregano or dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp tomato paste or ajvar relish
- ½ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In a pan over medium heat start to fry onion until its soft, add the ground beef and keep frying , add oregano or basil, salt and pepper to taste. put tomato paste and add water. let it simmer (20 minutes) and lower the heat. make the dough for the crust. Mix all dough ingredients until dough turns into a ball. In a dish pie pan well greased place a round piece of parchment paper to make it easier to remove the pie when it's done. Spread the dough in the pan and up along the sides. Use a spatula or well-greased fingers. Once the crust is shaped to the pan, prick the bottom of the crust with a fork.Pre bake the crust for 10-15 minutes, Remove from the oven and place the meat in the crust. Mix cottage cheese and shredded cheese together, and layer on top of the pie. Bake on lower rack for 30-40 minutes or until the pie has turned a golden color.
This Keto Meat Pie is nutritious and easy keto meal. Made from naturally gluten free crust which is best alternatives to wheat flour!