A meatball is ground meat rolled into a small ball, sometimes along with other ingredients, such as bread crumbs, minced onion, eggs, butter, and seasoning. Meatballs are cooked by frying, baking, steaming, or braising in sauce. There are many types of meatballs using different types of meats and spices. But this Cheesy Keto Meatballs are low-carb, Extra cheese holds these tender meatballs together perfectly without any type of flour. An easy dinner that the whole family loves! Traditional meatballs have breadcrumbs in them but these are gluten-free!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl combine beef, garlic, mozzarella, Parmesan, parsley, egg, salt, and pepper. Form into 16 meatballs. In a large pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until golden on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate. To the same pan, add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add tomatoes and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Add meatballs back to pan, cover and simmer until sauce has thickened, 15 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan before serving.
This quick and easy Keto meatballs is a gluten free and low carb recipe. You can choose whether fry or baked the meatballs.