Typical pina coladas are not keto friendly – they are loaded in sugar. In fact, a regular pina colada is one of the highest sugar drinks you can get!
Fortunately, this keto pina colada with coconut milk is keto friendly.
These Low-Carb Pina Coladas are great for anyone who is into food and has half a brain! Too cheesy? i do know, but I couldn’t help myself.
Seriously, these keto Pina Coladas taste equally as delicious because the full-fat version with plenty of sugar, but they are available with fewer calories, less fat, and nearly no sugar.
They won’t wreck your diet or kick keto dieters out of ketosis. better of all, without the added sugar, you’ll feel a bit better the following morning.
Low-Carb Piña Colada
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk 120 ml/ 4 fl oz
- 1/4 cup coconut water 60 ml/ 2 fl oz or water (+ ice)
- 1 shot dark or white rum 1 1/2 fl oz
- 1 slice fresh pineapple 28 g/ 1 oz
- 3-5 drops liquid Stevia extract or other healthy low-carb sweetener
- First thing is to freeze the coconut water for 1-2 hours. In blender place the pineapple and coconut milk until smooth, then in a glass put the mixture together with the frozen coconut milk. You can also put the glass in the freezer for 20 minutes, use the foam mixture in the mixer, serve with a slice of Pineapple.