Spaghetti is a traditional Italian cuisine, It is is a long, thin, solid, cylindrical noodle pasta. It is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine. Like other pasta, spaghetti is made of milled wheat and water and sometimes enriched with vitamins and minerals. Italian spaghetti is typically made from durum wheat semolina. But now a days you can experiment with pasta recipes using different kinds of pastas like fusilli, penne or spaghetti, different sauces such as tomato sauce or you can put meat or any protein that suits your taste buds.
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb. scallops patted dry
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 c. milk
- 3/4 c. low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions unti al dente. Drain and return to pot. Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. add shrimp and scallops and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes per side then transfer to plate. To the pan add shallot and garlic cook until soft and fragrant , 3 minutes. Add milk, broth , Parmesan, tomatoes, and parsley and season with salt. Simmer for 3 minutes more then the shrimp and scallops and toss until combined, squeeze with lemon juice. add cooked spaghetti and toss until fully coated. Garnish with parsley and serve with Parmesan.
This Seafood Spaghetti is best alternatives to your meatball pasta. It is also rich in flavor and bursting with vitamins and minerals. This is another way of giving your classic spaghetti with a new taste.