This Smothered Pork Chops with Broccoli and Mushrooms is perfect for the whole family, make your dining into a fancy restaurant ambiance with this dish.
This low-carb dish delivers a truly mouthwatering dinner.
We swapped the notoriously high-fat sauce in the traditional smothered dish for a lighter version made with white wine, crème fraîche, and a bit of Dijon.
Create a decadent comfort food dinner that’s light on fat with this smothered pork chops with broccoli and mushrooms recipe. It proves you can create low-carb dinners without skimping on any flavor.
Smothered Pork Chops with Broccoli and Mushrooms
- Baking pan
- 1 lb. cremini mushrooms halved or quartered if large
- 3 tbsp. olive oil divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 4 small bone-in pork chops about 2 pounds total
- 2 large shallots finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- In a a large baking pan wit baking sheet, add oil and mushroom seasoned with salt and pepper bake for 10 minutes the put them on the other side add broccoli to the pan with oil season with salt and pepper roast until golden brown and baketender for 12 to 15 minutes. In a pan cook pork over medium heat season with salt and pepper 4 to 5 minutes per side, transfer to plate and let it sit. in the same pan add shallots flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute, Add wine and simmer until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes, add stock simmer until its thickened and reduced for 1/ cup for 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in crème fraîche, Dijon, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Serve pork topped with pan sauce and roasted vegetables alongside.