"Food Of The Future," 40 Years In The Making
- 1 package 10 oz. fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 package 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 can 19 oz. Progresso chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup Betty Crocker Bac-Os bacon flavor bits or chips
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- In large salad bowl, toss all ingredients except dressing. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Makes 4 servings.
- Jars of a revolutionary new "food of the future" product appeared on grocers' shelves 40 years ago, offering busy consumers the bacon flavor they loved with a simple shake of the wrist.