Thai-style broccoli fried rice
Asian food is something that you cant resist. this cuisine is packed with flavor and spices. One of this is Thai cuisine.
Thai cuisine is the national cuisine of Thailand. Thai cooking places emphasis on lightly prepared dishes with strong aromatic components and a spicy edge.it lies lies in the combination of four key tastes; sweet, salty, sour and bitter which balance together to give you that distinctive taste of Thailand.
This Thai-style broccoli fried rice is made of Broccoli rice combined with Thai spices.
- broccoli a large head stalk chopped and cut into florets
- shallots 2 long chopped
- garlic 3 cloves chopped
- ginger a thumb-sized piece chopped
- lemongrass 1 stick thinly sliced
- toasted sesame oil 2 tsp
- red chilli 1 finely sliced
- red pepper 1 finely sliced
- carrot 1 peeled into ribbons
- mangetout a handful halved
- soy sauce 2 tbsp
- tamarind paste 2 tbsp
- caster sugar 1 tsp
- lime 1 quartered to serve
- eggs 2 fried (we used Clarence Court Burford Browns)
- roasted peanuts a handful chopped
In a food processor or using knife cut the broccoli florets and stalk into finely like rice grains, transfer and set aside. finely chopped the shallots, garlic, ginger and lemongrass. In a pan heat oil and fry the shallot mixture until lightly golden brown, put the broccoli rice together with 2 tbsp of water, chilli and all of the pepper, and fry for 5 minutes until the broccoli is cooked through and beginning to caramelize add carrot and mangetout. mix soy, tamarind, sugar and the juice of two of the lime and pour in the pan cook and combine well for 5 minutes. serve with fried eggs, chopped peanuts, and remaining chili depending on your spicy level.